Saturday, July 03, 2004

"Cat Ballou"

We've just come from seeing "The Terminal." I know it got only so-so reviews, but we enjoyed it. I love Tom Hanks. (Although "The Ladykillers" sucked.) We had no idea that jazz played a role in the plot. The final scene included one of my all-time favorite jazz tunes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Snippet from my phone conversation with my 6-year-old niece this afternoon:

Me: Has your Dad (my brother) been to a lot of baseball games this summer?
C: Mmm-hmm...but not now.
Me: Why's that?
C: Because he was thrown from a horse.
Me: Whaaaaat?!
C: He can't even put on his shirt...

My sister-in-law filled me in. They were horseback riding on Wednesday. (No idea where or what prompted it--they don't own horses.) Anyway, the saddle wasn't tight enough and when his horse took off and started to get out of control, the saddle began to slip to the right. Next thing you know, my brother's making like Lee Marvin in "Cat Ballou": hanging off the right side of the horse with one leg in the air and the other one under the horse. She said he didn't want to keep slipping (and go under the horse) so he launched himself out of the saddle. He hit the ground (hard), bounced up in the air, hit the ground again and then rolled about three times. He went to the hospital for x-rays--no broken ribs, although he's very bruised and has a bruised kidney, as well. And, no, according to my sister-in-law, he can't even dress himself at this point. They left today for Reno where they like to spend the 4th...and my brother plans to play in a golf tournament. She said he told her today, jubilantly, "I can sort of swing (a golf club) today!" He's a nut.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carefull -- the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home