Saturday, July 03, 2004

Month-o-Rama

It was the afternoon of the 2nd before I realized I hadn't flipped the pages on the wall calendars. Then I started thinking about July, and it occurred to me that it just might be my favorite month. It has nothing to do with the 4th of July. It might be because it's right smack in the middle of the summer (and the year). When I was a kid, by the time July rolled around I'd been out of school just long enough for the previous school year to have faded to a mostly distant memory...yet it was still far enough away from the 'Monday following Labor Day' to make the next school year seem still far enough away to not intrude on idle summer thoughts.

I started thinking about other months I like. I like October. I suppose I also like August. My birthday's in January, but that's not a favorite. When you live in the tropics, there's not as much variance in the weather from month to month, so to compare the months I had to remember how I felt about them when I lived in the States.

Here's my ranking (and sort of 'in order of preference'):

A - July, October, August, September
B - May, November, February
C - June, April, December (although the holidays would be ranked higher)
D - January, March

This useless information pertains to absolutely nothing in my life. But from a woman who sees a Yellow Brick Road-style road when she visualizes years, what can you expect?

Howza 'bout you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home