Friday, August 27, 2004

Indecision Redux

Never underestimate the power of women's intution. I had this nagging feeling all evening and told the boyfriend that we must go to the school this morning. He had preferred to wait until Monday when we'd have all of H.'s documentation that his mother is sending to us today via overnight mail. But I insisted and he understood my reasoning. I can't bring myself right now to write what it looks like the outcome of all of this will be. But suffice it to say that I finally lost my composure at the school earlier today. The three of us were tucked into a hallway amid some classroom furniture because there'd been a sudden downpour...and I suddenly couldn't hold back the tears. I'm trying hard to remember that I've always believed everything happens for a reason--I really do believe that. But, shit, it's hard to hold that thought when you feel like you're in an emotional blender and someone has pushed the 'liquify' button.

I promise to detail everything in a few days. Until then, I'm just gonna hang in as best I can. One thing's for sure though: I'm gonna need a real vacation after this one's over.

Thank you for all of the unbelievably supportive comments and emails you've sent. They've meant more to me than you could possibly know. More soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home