Thursday, March 03, 2005

!0 Things...

...I Have Done that You Probably Haven't - via BluePoppy:

1. Woke up (nekkid) in the sofabed in my boss's living room next to our best client (also nekkid) on the morning of my performance review.

2. Had my legs used as B-roll in a rodeo telecast. (Black denim mini-skirt, red cowboy boots, legs draped across a Marin County fence.)

3. Made a joke about Dan Quayle on a national telecast with Clinton and Gore.

4. Had Meg Ryan dance into me. (Closed eyes and much twirling in circles were involved. Dennis Quaid was across the room.)

5. Had Bonnie Raitt tell me I'm a good dancer (and that she liked my red cowboy boots).

6. Got stranded at Gilley's in Texas after hours with a producer from New York who wanted to do me on one of the pool tables in front of the cleaning crew. (His fantasy, not mine.)

7. Started a staff meeting I was moderating by having everyone move to the loft to dance to MC Hammer's "You Can't Touch This."

8. Had the FBI show up at my front door to question me re something connected to the Patty Hearst case.

9. Had footage of me in a Wang Chung-judged hot legs contest appear as the 'tease' on the 11:00 news, which was seen by my boss...on a day I had called in sick because I was too hungover to work.

10. Had a television actress toss me her handbag on location and say, "Keep an eye on that--my gun's in there."

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, "Can't touch this" or any on that list of ten. Too funny!- Shelagh

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe what an interesting life you lead. Gotta get some red cowboy boots. Great list. MSB

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock, Marilyn. Blog this stuff, stat!

5:40 PM  
Blogger daphne said...

So... did you get a good review or not? Talk about taking one for the team.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Well what the? Please for the love of God we need details woman!

12:35 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

oh man! I was going to play this game too. There's no way I could ever come up with a list as interesting and rock star as yours!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wild thang!

funny, isn't it to reflect? at the time this all seemed so, normal, non?

~bluepoppy

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dayum girl! that's quite a list! i love it!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

oh my - that list is fabulous! can I be you for my next vacation? dang girl . . . :)

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, did this list make me smile. I wonder if anyone's done the etymology of "nekkid" compared to "naked"? Speaking as a Texas boy, there are differences. Mostly they depend on how much your imagination can conjure.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh Marilyn - I've said it before...too bad we didn't meet BEFORE sobriety. xoxo Jeri

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home