Sunday, February 20, 2005

busy bee

I've already gotten so much done re the move it's not even funny, but I'll laugh anyway...HA!HA!HA!HA!

Yesterday I went through my dresser--even went through my jewelry drawer. I'm not one for fine jewelry, although I do have a few things. So a lot of it is/was costume jewelry. I found stuff I forgot I owned! And I tossed a bunch of stuff. I showed up at the clubhouse yesterday to pick up the boyfriend after his round of golf and asked, "Notice anything?" He smiled when he saw I was wearing a necklace he bought for me in Switzerland about eight years ago...and that I haven't worn in probably three or four years. (Bad girlfriend!)

I also went through all of my books and beading supplies. I'm giving most of the beads to a friend here who makes her living selling her beading products.

Today I did a good purge in the kitchen--clearing out the fridge and cupboards and tossing some stuff we no longer use. We're not shipping any kitchen items. We may sell a few items and will leave the rest in the condo.

I also gathered up some art supplies to take to my friend at work to give to her grandkids. I''ve got a bin full of all kinds of stuff to give away to my coworkers on Tuesday.

Boyfriend and I spent time this morning making price lists for the items we're going to try to sell: one list for general household items and one for his music gear.

That's all just a long-winded way of saying that when he heads off to his gig on St. John today, I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty if I spend the rest of the afternoon and evening doing nothing more productive than flipping through magazines and watching TV. Unless I get inspired to start tackling my clothes... But right now? I hear some ice cream calling my name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

A good Purge is good --- Post Purge ice cream, also very good!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

So does that ice cream happen to be calling my name as well?

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home