Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wendy

AAAAAAACK! How did evil Wendy make it to the final three on Project Runway?! Can't wait to watch next week's show when all 12 designers sit around together and dish about each other. Hard to believe, but the boyfriend is as addicted to that show as I am.

Today is our 10-year 'anniversary.' We spent the first five years in Portland and we've been here for the second five. Who'da thunk I'd make it to the 10-year mark in a relationship? Me, the original fear of commitment gal. Even more astounding to me is that my love for him continues to grow and deepen. I don't understand the dynamic, but I definitely like it. :)

We went to dinner tonight at our favorite restaurant. It's an Italian place in a less than desirable neighborhood. Just looks like a dark, old house on the outside, but inside is an intimate room with large, colorful, funky canvases (painted by the owner/chef) gracing the walls. Great food and the service is never less than superb. Our waiter tonight has waited on us before, but I just realized tonight who he resembles. Remember the (male) 'nanny' in "Jerry McGuire"? He could be the guy's twin.

Although I'm not a Catholic (anymore), I did note that today is the start of Lent. Last year for Lent I gave up gossip. I did! No, really...I did. I haven't decided what I'll try to give up for the next 40 days this year...but it looks like it won't be gossip, based on what I just wrote about Wendy.

Once when I was a teen, my (single parent) father came home while I was on the phone with a girlfriend. He heard a few minutes of my conversation and then asked, "Don't you girls ever say anything nice about anyone?" I looked at him like he was insane. "No." Sheesh, where's the fun in that?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10-year anniversary! :) It's so nice to hear about your commitment to each other. :)

And your dad's comment and your reaction made me laugh out loud. :)

~lizardek

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn. First, Happy Anniversary! I am also addicted to Project Runway and was sick to see "evil" Wendy make it to the final three. If you haven't seen it yet, you might find her website interesting (www.wendypepper.com). She gives her take on what happened during each episode. Talk about being in denial. Still working on my RV travel website - will let you know when it is up and it will have a link to yoor site as we discussed by e--mail.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn. First, Happy Anniversary! :^D I am also addicted to Project Runway and was sick to see "evil" Wendy make it to the final three. I was so upset I had to stop and question why. If you haven't seen it yet, you might find her website interesting (www.wendypepper.com). She gives her take on what happened during each episode. Still working on my RV travel website - will let you know when it is up (it will have a link to your site as we discussed).

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me AGAIN. I think I am losing my mind. I thought I was editing my post and it ended up posting twice! Oh well, Happy Anniversary again.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bf has been watching this show with me too. i had a feeling wendy was going to go on. ugh, i really don't like her.

i kept saying, "oh, i hate her!" while watching the show and the bf was looking at me like i was nuts. heh. oh well.

and happy belated anniversary marilyn!!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiest of Anniversaries to you Marilyn!! I knew you had it in you -- it just takes the right person and you have him! I just found an old note with your blog address and started reading your blog! It's awesome! I feel like I have been talking to you for the past couple of hours. Looking forward to more. Keep the blog in California. MSB

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home