Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Fine Romance

I promise to (eventually) stop talking about things I found while de-cluttering recently, but one of the best finds was a handful of emails from the boyfriend. He wrote them during his first month here. He'd come down two months ahead of me to get things set up and make sure he thought we could have some sort of life here before I up and moved 4,000 miles to this place sight unseen.

He's not a romantic man in the generic, traditional ways. Flowers, cards, love notes, gifts (just because)? Not gonna happen--it's not in his nature. But he does other things that feel romantic, that make me go, "Awwww..." So to suddenly begin receiving long, loving, sweet, tender, unbelievably romantic letters from him via email? I was on cloud nine! They were the first letters he'd ever written to me and we'd been together five years!

I squealed with delight when I spotted them among our long-buried papers: "Look what I found!" I passed them over to him. He gave them a quick glance and handed them back. His response? "I used to have a Hotmail account?"

Men. :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! oh my god . . . they are a hoot . . .:)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
I'm finally getting back to the comment you posted on http://espanacircus.blogspot.com. :)Nice to meet you!
As to "life in Newberg," I'd have a one word response: FOG. Wet, cold, thick, grey fog :) . Yesterday it didn't clear up around noon like it usually does. What can I say, I'm half Guatemalan. I crave the tropics! But at least we have things like herbal tea and scarves and flannel sheets, right?
;) espaƱa

3:58 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

HEH. That sounds like a man alright.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home