Friday, November 14, 2003

Who ARE these people?

I was joking with a friend that I was thinking of creating a game show called "Who ARE these people?" Viewers could nominate their strangest, weirdest coworkers. I don't quite have the format worked out yet. I suppose the "winner" would be the weirdest one on that show...and then we could have semi-finals and finals until we've narrowed it down to the weirdest coworker in America. I'm not sure what kind of prize the winner would get. Because I think genuine weirdness (not the fun kind, just the creepy kind) is inbred. I don't think any attempts at superficial fixes would have much effect. So it probably wouldn't make much of a difference to send them off to charm school or give them books on etiquette or proper social behavior. But those are the types who truly baffle me. I can handle it if someone just dresses or looks weird--I might even dig it. But it's the people who act weird...but again, not in a fun way, but rather in a really rude, "What are they thinking?" kind of way.

You might be asking, why limit it to coworkers? Because hopefully you wouldn't actually be friends with people like these. And if they're family members, well, there's nothing we can really do about family, is there? And if it's someone you've had a relationship with...well, that might best be ironed out on a therapist's couch. And do you really want everyone to know that you actually chose to love this person...even briefly? So coworkers it is.

I'm only sort of half-joking. I think this could be a hit! I feel like Tom Cruise in "Jerry Maguire"..."Come on...who's comin' with me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home