Saturday, March 20, 2004

Humming

The boyfriend is playing a gig tonight that was originally scheduled for Valentine's Day. He arrived at the designated rehearsal site a few days before Valentine's Day only to be told by one of the other musicians that the show had been canceled. Turned out the promoter hadn't, well, promoted it. It was rescheduled for this weekend and moved to a different venue.

In preparation for tonight's show (and because he skipped this week's rehearsals to do other gigs), he spent a big chunk of time this morning downloading the tunes off the rehearsal CD onto his min-disc player. He's now sitting on the balcony with his headphones on, sorting golf balls (don't ask) and humming 70's and 80's R&B tunes...LOUDLY. I don't know why I find this funny, but I do. He saw me laughing. "What?" (loudly). "Nothing" (big smile). God, I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home