Thursday, April 22, 2004

Here Comes the Sun

About 2:00 this afternoon, the sun finally peeked through the clouds. Hello, sun! We've missed you the last several days! I zipped home from work, changed my clothes in a hurry and drove down to the beach. I left the flip-flops in the car and the minute my bare feet hit the sand, it was like: aaaaaahhhh. I should have brought my suit because the water felt wonderful. There weren't very many people there--even though it was still very warm at 4:30. (Downright hot on my face...I forgot my hat.) Although you can find locals and tourists at any area of this very long beach, there's definitely a stretch of it where one sees mostly locals (as you get farther away from the amenities). That portion of the beach was very quiet today, although there was a couple getting married...just as I walked by them. "For better or worse..."

I was very happy to be walking on the beach again. I could have walked almost every day this week after work, but the gray weather had left me feeling lazy and listless. What a wuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home