Saturday, April 03, 2004

Slug

As the boyfriend was heading off to his gig late this afternoon, I gave him a big hug and said, "I'm sorry I've been such a slug these last couple of weeks." He laughed and said, "That's okay--I knew you had it in you." I said, "Whaaa....??" And he said, "I knew you had it in you to be a slob." "I said SLUG! I'm sorry for being such a SLUG!" And then I had to sheepishly admit, "And, yeah, I guess I've been a slob, too..."

I swear our condo is beginning to scarily resemble some before shots from a "Queer Eye" episode. Well, maybe not that bad, but there is a huge amount of laundry waiting to be done. I just haven't felt like doing shit for the last couple of weeks. I've been feeling really lethargic and lazy. Part of it could be that we haven't been to the beach (for any length of time) in three weeks. (Yeah, I know: who's gonna feel sorry for me about that?!) It really does make a huge difference in my mental and emotional health. I've also had a bunch of emotional stuff weighing on my mind, so I guess I should cut myself a bit of a break. You might be wondering why I'm expected to do everything. Well, it just sorta works out that way because I only have one job and he has two. But having to do almost all of it myself does make me not want to do any of it a lot of the time.

And it doesn't help that my lazy lethargy has also resulted in minimal physical activity. Or that I was required to do a bunch of heavy lifting at work a few days ago. So I've been a slug. (And, yes, a bit of a slob.)