Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Late-Night Ramblings...

It's late, but I just woke half an hour ago from a 3-hour nap...this may or may not be coherent...

* My father begins 7 weeks of radiation next Monday. He and my stepmother will be staying in an apartment associated with the hospital Monday through Thursday evenings during that time. The hospital has agreed to give him afternoon appointments on Mondays and early morning appointments on Fridays, to accommodate their 2-hour commute each way. So at least they'll have weekends at home, but it's still a helluva way to spend the holiday season.

* The boyfriend and I spent some time last night going through our CD collection looking for tunes he can sing with the rock/country trio he sometimes plays with. Their previous drummer did a lot of vocals. I opened my big mouth to the guitarist one night at one of their gigs, telling him that the boyfriend can sing, he just doesn't like to. He was flashing me an evil "SHUT UP!" look. But he's finally relented. So last night he downloaded a bunch of tunes we'd fished out and he listened to them while he was at work today. I might just sit through a gig if I can listen to him sing. It's been a long time... :)

* I got my passport today. I haven't had a valid passport in almost 15 years. Now, if only I had someplace exotic to travel to...

* My mother picked up some silly Santa stocking toy in a store the other day that plays the sound of a little girl laughing, ending with "Merry Christmas!" She bought it only because it sounds exactly like my 7-year-old niece. She called me and played it and I thought she was playing an outgoing message from my brother and sister-in-law's answering machine. It sounds EXACTLY like C's laugh. Funny.

* After dinner I laid down on the couch, watched a little TV while boyfriend looked at the photos we'd taken in the studio on Saturday...and then let myself succumb to sleep. That 3-hour nap felt good and I was dreaming like a madwoman. Of course, it won't be easy to get back to sleep, but I think I'll manage. Starting...now... :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Somewhere exotic to travel to? Babe, you live in the land exotic!! ~bluepoppy

6:02 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

. . . yeah- you Cari-bein chick :) . . . that was like snapshots from your living . . . cool . . . and you know what i say about the job: just kick back and enjoy and take off for long strolls and find ways to really freaking enjoy and savor these last months . . . party, girl, party . . . :)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home