Thursday, November 25, 2004

Oh, what a tangled web we weave...

This Thanksgiving, I'm so very thankful and grateful for the wonderful connections I've made through this medium. Blogging has been a godsend to me at a time in my life where I desperately needed just that--connection. I know I should just be grateful to live in a place that's coveted by so many, but as you know, this has been a rather isolating place for me. The blogosphere is such an amazing place. We can peek into each other's lives with no expectation or obligation. Feel like commenting? Fine. Don't feel like responding to an email? That's okay, too. It's a forum where acceptance seems to be the password...and where the rules of friendship have been redefined.

I'm thankful to any and all who visit this site. But today I wanted to give a special shout out to some who have been beacons of friendship and support (in no particular order)...Tonya...Jen...
Daisy-Winifred...Kat...BP...Lynn. To Michele who always understands when the boyfriend is being so, well, male...new pal Jo...fabulous Gifty maven Leslie...and Erika, my Gifty buddy. To Heather and Bethany whose comments helped so much last August when we were going through a rough time. To Andrea whose journal was the second blog I ever stumbled upon and whose life touches so many. To Violet whose blog always reminds me of the city I left behind. And lest you think I'm forgetting about the men, there's Mark.

So thank you to all of you and to all of the countless others whose sites I visit on a regular basis. Your words and photos inspire and delight and amaze and make me think and laugh and cry. May this day be full of all that brings you joy. If karma is indeed a boomerang, you've all got some seriously good stuff headed your way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And likewise! Hope your Thanksgiving was lovely.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

GAWD. I am just a weepy, sobbing mess lately. Seeing my name here made me cry. Now I can't stop.

one of these days I'm taking you out for a coffee, I tell you.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see this until now. That was so sweet Marilyn. I hope you're right about the karma boomerang. I'm ready for so many things and I'm full of love. In due time.

Your list is beautiful. :)

erika
http://www.five3.com

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home