Thursday, November 11, 2004

Happy Birthday, C!


My youngest niece, C., turns seven today. This is one of my favorite photos of her. It was taken on our last camping trip; she was not yet two. What I love about it is that it was unposed. She simply loved old Stoops and thought he looked like a good place to lie down.

I spoke to her earlier today. "You know that Pooh watch and those socks you sent me?" Yes. "I'm wearing the watch right now and I'm gonna put on a pair of the socks in a little while!" I said I was glad that she liked them. "It (the watch) fits perfectly! And I love Pooh!" Yes, sweetie, I know...you've always loved Pooh.

We spent our last Christmas in the States with my brother's family. One of C.'s favorite gifts that year was a battery-operated Tigger that jumped up and down. She entertained herself for what seemed like hours that Christmas standing next to Tigger and matching him jump for jump. I can still see her jumping and giggling...

I asked her on the phone today if she feels seven. "Yes." Really? You feel older and different today? (emphatically)..."Yes." C. is smart and funny and feisty and independent and athletic and fearless about a lot of things. And I hope she always stays that way. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeeet photo! ~bluepoppy

3:55 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

What a cutie pie!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home