Monday, January 03, 2005

43 Things

Before Christmas, I spotted this post on Caterina's site. I thought, hmm, that 43 Things thing sounds pretty cool. So I went to a link in her post and sent an email asking to be a Beta tester. I did get my email invite, but by the time I saw it (since I'm not always very good about checking my Gmail account on a timely basis), the site had launched. (It just launched last Thursday.) I finally spent some time at the 43 Things site today...and it's fun! If you like Flickr, you'll like 43 Things. It's a similar sort of social software.

The idea is to list 43 things you want to do--goals, dreams, fantasies, items on your "before I die" list. You can simply list the goal, or add an entry (a la a blog post). And like Flickr, you can add tags. Find others who have similar goals. If you've accomplished the goal (and it's fun to list a few you have), then you can indicate "I've done this!" and rate it. Was it worth doing, or not? Once you mark the goal as an accomplished one, it moves from your 43 Things list to your "I've done this" list. You can edit and delete your goals at any time. You can post a photo to go with your user ID or list your blog, if you like.

If you'd like to try it out, here's the home page. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home