Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Leavin'...on a jet plane...

T minus 32 hours...until we jet off to the mainland for the first time since moving here almost 3-1/2 years ago. And, boy, are we ready! The last load of laundry is in the washer...the shopping for trip items is completed...all that's left to do is to pack a couple of carry-ons. We're packing light because we plan to SHOP! once we get to Portland.

We're taking our laptop so I may try to post from the road, but it might be hectic. We're squeezing in a lot of activities on our 10-day trip. First up: 5(!) flights to get to our (small town, my hometown) destination. We arrive late Friday night. Saturday night there's a big bash (dinner and roast) to celebrate my father's 75th birthday and my father and stepmother's 25th wedding anniversary. We're spending Saturday night at the resort where the party is being held. Sunday there's a BBQ for family members and out-of-town guests. There are 140 coming to the party on Saturday and half that number attending the BBQ on Sunday. I'm going to see a lot of people I haven't seen in YEARS! Including my best friend from high school who's picking us up at the airport.

This is surely going to be at least a temporary cure for island fever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home