Wednesday, July 14, 2004

(un)Dead

Just finished watching a piece on the Grateful Dead on "60 Minutes II." I still (STILL!) don't get the appeal of the Dead, and I say that as someone who lived in the Bay Area for 20 years where they used to be big local heroes. Years ago, one of my oldest friends played in Kingfish, Bob Weir's side band. Didn't get the appeal of that band either.

I just don't understand the whole phenomenon. I understand the idea of it, but unfortunately for my ears, I happen to think their music SUCKS. There aren't enough drugs in the world to get me to sun-grope in a Dead crowd.

I once did continuity on a music video in San Francisco. Jerry Garcia was in the video (it wasn't a Dead video; Jerry had guested on someone else's album). He showed up for the shoot...without a guitar. You're Jerry Fucking Garcia--where's your goddamn guitar?! A P.A. had to rush out and rent one.

Okay, enough of that rant. On a good note (pardon the pun), I got a new haircut after work today. My hairdresser just returned from Europe. As we were waiting for my color to set she said, "I saw this great cut on a woman in Paris...sort of like yours, but..." I told her to go for it. It's not radically different, but I'm lovin' it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home