Tuesday, January 11, 2005

grazie

Thank you for all of your kind and sweet comments and emails and e-cards and phone calls to wish me a "Happy Birthday." The blogosphere helped to make this big birthday an especially sweet one. I had a lovely day, despite torrential rain which nixed the beach plans. The boyfriend showered me with cards and gifts and lots of affection (and just the right amount of adoration). :) He gave me SEVEN birthday cards, which he handed to me in the order he wanted me to open them. Six of them were funny/silly; the last was sweet and romantic. I think my favorite was the first card he gave me. It said, "So...you're having another birthday! How old are you now? 30? 40? 50? 60? O.K. You don't have to tell me..." (open card) "Just bang your cane on your rocker when we get close!" And he wrote, "No cane banging here! YOU ROCK! And I don't mean in a chair!"

There was a time in my life when I did rock. Lately, not so much. But that's one of my goals this year--to get back to that rockin' gal I used to be.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: You all definitely rock! Thanks for hangin' out with me.

---------------------------------------------------

Meet Pam at Nerd's Eye View. Get ready for great writing and a big dose of envy. (She has a fabulous life.) I met Pam through 43 Things. If you haven't been there yet, check it out. It's a fun place to post your dreams. (And she's a Capricorn, too. Her birthday was January 4. Go say "Hi.")


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poop. And here I am late as usual. (when we meet for coffee someday? I'm totally buying ok?)
Happy happy birthday my friend!!

Michele
coffeesoup.com

10:52 PM  
Blogger lizardek said...

Hurray for happy birthdays! :) Glad yours was one of them :)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
I found you through... hmmm... I was surfing from one to the next, you know how it goes...
Anyway Happy Birthday! I turned 50 on January 8th.
Whee, go us!
Cheers, Shelagh
http://www.livejournal.com/users/blueberrymoon

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home