Sunday, January 16, 2005

Six (or fewers) Degrees of Separation

Check out "The Blogroll Small World Experiment" at Mulubinba Moments - where you choose a random blog and then see if you can link back to yourself in six or fewer clicks. As suggested, I went to www.weblogs.com* and chose a random recently-updated blog. But to make it a little harder, I chose a French site, C'est Moi Qui L'ai Fait. She has Chocolate and Zucchini on her blogroll...who has NYC a Paris...he links to La Coquette...she has This Fish on her blogroll...who links to Secret Agent Josephine...who links to me! It works! Give it a shot. See for yourself!

(*I'd post the link here, but it sometimes comes up "Directory access denied"...just keep trying. Or choose a random blog any-old-where.)

* * * * * OR * * * * *

One of Mulubinba's readers has come up with the idea of determining one's "Mulubinba Number" - where you choose a site from Mulubinba's blogroll and continue linking until you link back to yourself to determine your Mulubinba Number. I chose Hoarded Ordinaries...she links to Animated Stardust...who links to me. So I guess my Mulubinba Number is 3! And isn't it fun just to say "Mulubinba Number"? :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More coolness--- more coolness on top of your coolest sit-com coolness that I haven't even kept up with--- man, turn 50 and you are out of the gate flying around the track of COOoooool! ~bluepoppy

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many of those drinks in coconuts with the little umbrellas in have you had? Fess up! hahahah! just kidding :D ~~lizardek

4:40 PM  
Blogger daphne said...

I couldn't find myself, but maybe it's karma for not having links on my site. :)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I will have to try this!!
-Coquette

7:40 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oooooh that sounds like fun....I'm off to check it out. Be back soon to let you know if I was "findable!"

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy Us here: I am trying to figure out how to post with this anonymous comment poster. I am such a neophyte. I love the six degrees of blog relations. In stead of going to bed, I too, will have to go now and check it out.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Will said...

The sad thing is that I have fewer degrees of seperation to Kevin Bacon than I have for my blog from another blog. Well, I am new at this. Maybe we'll try this again in a year. :-)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home